Saturday, May 13, 2006

Fletcher: 'My conscience is clear'

"I didn't know what the rules were. How could I be guilty?"

Well, not in so many words, but willfully not knowing how the government works and gross disorganization are the hallmarks of this pathetic administration. At least Patton got things done, even if sleeping with his mistress was one of them. So much for "cleaning up the mess in Frankfort."

And this whining about Stumbo's charges being politically motivated just because he might run against Fletcher for governor in 2007? That's just hard ball, good ol' Southern politics. Sure, the attorney general's courage might be politically motivated, but do you think that's enough to convince the members of the grand jury to issue an indictment? I think they're all well aware of the seriousness of the situation and I'm pretty sure they're not all democrats planning to run against Fletcher.

Like most Kentuckians I'm sure, I don't care if the charges are politcally motivated, I only care if they're true. In which case, the governor should spare us all the disingenuous arguments and cries of persecution and resign. Of course, it will probably take a conviction to sway Fletcher from his self-delusion of being an effective and moral governor. Physician, Air Force pilot, Baptist minister -- three years into it, it must be hard to admit that you're still not capable of this job.

Fletcher Indicted
Fletcher involved in mess of his own

Jump

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home